2011년 5월 2일 월요일

Unforgettable memory-KOKO HEAD HIKING!(Hawaii life③)


Koko Head is the headland that defines the eastern side of Maunalua Bay
along the southeastern side of the Island of Oʻahu in Hawaiʻi.
On its western slope is the community of Portlock,
a part of Hawaiʻi Kai. Koko Head (at 642 ft or 196 m) is an ancient tuff cone
that is somewhat dwarfed by its neighboring tuff cone,
Koko Crater, with its peak, Kohelepelepe (or Puʻu Mai), rising to 1208 ft or 368 m.
Koko Head itself has three significant depressions or old vents,
the largest of which forms the well-known Hanauma Bay.
(From wikipedia)

As you know well, Koko head is famous for it's magnificent sight!
I went to Koko head with my friends,
and it was unforgettable memory that I had experienced in Hawaii.
Actually at first, I couldn't imagine Koko head's steep slope(Also, it was really high..)!
It was really hard to get to the top of the mountain.
But I can reach the top by help of my friends:)

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기